NEW PATIENT EXAM
As a new patient at Pediatric Dentistry of San Marcos, we want to welcome you and your child to our office. Our goal is to make your child feel comfortable in our office by gaining his trust and helping to alleviate his fears. Our kid-friendly staff is skilled at helping children have a positive experience in our office. We encourage parents to be present in the room with their children during the entire initial visit, and we will provide instructions tailored to your child and his individual needs. By working together, our goal is to prevent problems before they occur.
During your initial visit, we will:
- Provide you with an office tour
- Review your child’s dental and health information
- Soft tissue examination including an oral pathology/oral cancer screening
- X-rays if indicated
- Dental examination
- Evaluation of dental development
- Evaluation of oral habits – thumb sucking, finger sucking, pacifier, bottle, grinding, etc.
- Cleaning (dental prophylaxis) – method depending on child’s age and development
- Demonstrate correct brushing and oral hygiene techniques
- Dietary and nutritional counseling
- Determine a treatment or cavity prevention plan, if needed
Dental issues are always easier and safer to treat when caught early. That’s why we here at Pediatric Dentistry of San Marcos make it a priority to thoroughly examine your child’s teeth and gums as soon as we can. Our skilled dental team is trained and experienced in noticing both common and obscure dental conditions and diseases so you can be confident that when you bring your little one to San Marcos, he or she will receive some of the best pediatric dental care available.
We’re happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have. We want this first visit to be educational and fun for both you and your child. Before you and your child’s visit, feel free to call us at 760-798-2825 if you feel you need more information about our practice, our services or our new patient exams. Pediatric Dentistry of San Marcos believes that parents should always be as informed as they can when making decisions regarding their children’s health. Because of this, we make sure to keep you in-the-know every step of the way by providing you with as much information as possible as well as answering any questions you may have.
Ready to schedule your child’s appointment with Pediatric Dentistry of San Marcos? Simply call 760-298-2825 to get started. We can’t wait to meet you!